Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Eheim Quick Vac, Portable Vacuum For Your Aquarium

I
 I have never been a fan of battery powered aquarium vacuums, until I brought this one. I used the traditional siphon style vacuum to do my water changes. It gets water out, but it does not pick up the uneaten food, and fish waste. I have a catfish that is almost a foot long, and he generates a lot of waste. I was looking on Amazon for a portable vacuum, and I found this one. I assembles in about 30 seconds, it has plenty of power and sucks up all the waste in my tank. It pumps the water through a screen filter so the water goes back into your tank, and not into a separate bucket, or pail.
If you do buy this, pay close attention to how the batteries go in, if you put them in backwards, (as I did), the vacuum works in reverse.
If you have sand or very fine gravel, I would not recommend this, these types of decorative items would get sucked up and damage the motor.
Initially I thought he price was a bit steep, but in this case you truly do get what you pay for, this is worth every bit that I spent

No comments:

Post a Comment