Total Pageviews

Monday, May 11, 2015

On The Case: Boom Shock-2 Makes Me Love My iPhone More Than Ever.

This may come as a surprise to you, specifically when chatting about a simple phone case but the Boom Shock-2 case actually has altered the way I am able to work and get things done each day.

I work a job where I am travelling a lot and need to send out e-mails and take photos for reports all day on my iPhone 6 Plus. As I rely on it so heavily I constantly have a case but with the iPhone 6 Plus it is so big for my small hands that I am continuously in fear of dropping it, even in a regular case, and have actually done so already.

The case I did have before was able to protect the phone ok but it did also make the phone just a bit bulky and offered no better, or perhaps even less grip than the phone by itself. I needed a case that would actually provide me a solid hold on the phone and not actually make me drop it in the first place.

I discovered the Boom Shock-2 case on Amazon and thought I'd give it a try. The marketed selling points centred around grip along with protection so it was along the right lines. It felt that Boom understood that the best method to protect a phone from drops is first of all to help you not drop it. Second to that the protection offered by the case if you do actually drop it is fantastic. The corners, which some state trigger the most damage to the handset on impact, are beefed out more than I have seen on any other case and on the front side there is a little lip edge so that the screen would not be in direct contact with the ground if it were to fall flat on its face. The same feature likewise stops it sliding when flat down on a table.

The materials are high quality and strong too. I think overall you would call this a hard case but it's actually a hard case exterior with a soft case inside it. So you get the impact protection benefits of two types of materials in one. Exactly what are those materials? Inside is TPU. This is a mix of silicone with plastic to make it harder and more durable. This inside bit is better than your normal silicone cases even by itself. Yes, you can use just the inside bit of the case if you want to be different and have that MJ one glove 'let's be different' thing going on! Lol.

The exterior is made of polycarbonate. This is essentially tough plastic and this clicks together with the soft inside case to make one amazing case and I have not even discussed the bonus part for me, as I somehow completely missed this on buying. The case has actually a built in stand in the back! Never has Facetime or Skype been easier for me. I simply set it up on the desk and I'm good to go handsfree. Same for viewing movies too. I also am getting into broadcasting my own channel here and there and I am setting this up with the iPhone 6 Plus in the stand using the front-side camera to film. Really cool!

Ergonomically it is great with easy access to the buttons and sockets, and the robust appearance is stunning. It makes my phone stand out. The cases are available in different colours with Red, Black, Blue and White available on Amazon and is available for both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus with an S6 version apparently coming soon.

I have pasted the link underneath to check out the Amazon listing. Hope you like it as much as I do. Five stars. Boom!



Company Product Info For Boom Shock-2 iPhone 6 Case:

Advanced 2-Part Hybrid Protection:
A special dual layer design integrating the best elements of a soft and a hard iPhone 6 case. A soft shock absorbing TPU inner sleeve (superior to straight silicone) interlocks with a hard, shatterproof polycarbonate exoskeleton, for ideal resistance from shocks & drops in an ultra-slim case.

Enhanced Corner Profiles:
Dropping your iPhone onto the corner has actually traditionally been the reason for a lot of damage to the handset when dropped on a hard surface. The Shock-2 has actually reinforced cushioned corners to bring maximum protection at the most susceptible points.

Front-Side Screen Protection:
A raised 1.5 mm front-side bezel provides a buffer to the screen and helps to decrease damage due to flat screen-side impacts and for anti-slipping when on a smooth surface area.

Built In Kickstand:
Forget using random objects to prop up your phone and enjoy practical handsfree video chat and viewing of your TV programs and movies with the robust iPhone 6 stand.

Ultimate Grip & Handling:
With a rugged texture 'tire tread' inspired design combined with anti-slip side panels the Shock-2 brings the kung-fu grip you need to help stop dropping your phone in the first place.

Rear Panel Heat Dissipation:
Cases are designed for phones but phones are not made for cases. One problem with covering your device is the added trapped heat. The inside of the Shock-2 includes heat transfer panels and grooves to help dissipate heat away from the central battery location.

Ultra Slim Profile:
The 2-Part hybrid design allows flexibility to enforce the most susceptible locations of the phone where it is required without overly increasing bulk.

Universal Port Access:
Headphone and charger ports are checked with products from all significant brand names (including Apple, Beats, Bose Seinnheiser) to ensure maximum compatibility with all iPhone 6 devices.

Find out more at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boom-SHOCK-2-Protection-Protect-Investment/dp/B00SADYQ18/iphone 6 plus case/

No comments:

Post a Comment